Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

earthdog

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 25, 2014
I know some are having issues with Verizon. I just wanted to report ATT is having issues as well with NON-ATT purchased AW6. ATT does not have the EID's loaded from Apple. They do have the IMEI's but failed to load EID's.

To get to your EID you need to open the Watch App on the iPhone
Go to General
Go to About
Scroll to IMEI and have them confirm the IMEI once that is done go Back
Scroll to EID and read them the EID. in my experience I have them read it back after your done. 3 times they got it wrong.

They then told me to call Apple or Return the Watch that the EID was bad. I refused and asked for Tier 2 to input the EID. Tier 2 did input the EID as provided and BINGO!!!!

Best of luck I swear Support gets worse every year.

Reactions: batristain

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
This has always been an annoying issue with purchases whether iPhone or Watch made through Apple than carriers. They always need to enter the IMEI into their database and some of their support staff don't see to know how and just need to escalate it to someone who knows how to.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Glad you got it sorted right away, OP. I received my watch from Apple a few hours ago, and thankfully, I didn’t need to call T-Mobile. The phone recognized I had an established plan associated with my phone number and I was given the option to automatically transfer the plan to my new watch during the watch set up process.

Too bad Verizon and the Death Star aren’t as easy.

nippyjun

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2007
Does it matter if you are transferring the plan from an existing watch vs starting a new plan with a new watch?

jdb8167

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2008
The first year with LTE T-Mobile had issues but since then the transfer from one Apple watch to the next has been completely transparent for me. I’m amazed that AT&T and Verizon still haven’t gotten this sorted.

earthdog

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 25, 2014
Does it matter if you are transferring the plan from an existing watch vs starting a new plan with a new watch?
Mine was a transfer but based on the call I would say it effects anyone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.