Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

solideliquid

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 8, 2008
I searched and couldn't find a discussion about this, so maybe it's just me. But I moved from the S7 to the AWU w/ the Ocean Band. The ocean band is pretty good, but most of the time I prefer slimmer bands like the Solo Loop or Sport Band. The problem seems to be that I'm so used to the 44/45mm style, and being that the AWU is slightly larger, I find I have to tighten the sport band more than usual to get a good fit. My size 8 sport loop doesn't fit with the AWU, too loose on my wrist.

I'm struggling to get the non-AWU bands to fit comfortably, seems they are mostly a little too loose or too tight. I think I'll be ok with the infinite sizing of the Trail Loop, but it's not in stock for now. Anyone else?

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
Yes. Your observations match my own. I wear the sport band a little tighter with this watch, and it’s fine for me.

CyberDavis

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2022
The problem seems to be that I'm so used to the 44/45mm style, and being that the AWU is slightly larger, I find I have to tighten the sport band more than usual to get a good fit. My size 8 sport loop doesn't fit with the AWU, too loose on my wrist.

I'm struggling to get the non-AWU bands to fit comfortably, seems they are mostly a little too loose or too tight. I think I'll be ok with the infinite sizing of the Trail Loop, but it's not in stock for now. Anyone else?
I assume you meant size 8 solo loop? The solo loop I have is too big on my Ultra as the case is bigger than my previous series 6. Size difference is just enough to affect for, which I guess is not unexpected.
I also found my Nike Sport Band didn’t have a convenient adjustment anymore.

However, I have switched to using a Nike Sport Loop and find that very comfortable and the adjustment means it fits perfectly. In fairness having switched to the Sport Loop I wish I’d tried it previously.
I use that alongside my Alpine Band and am awaiting delivery of a Trail Loop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.