Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

circatee

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 30, 2014
From what I understand, I can take a screenshot of my AWU.

I have the setting for screenshots on, and I press both the Digital Crown and power button for a second. The screen flashes. HOWEVER, in Photos, there is no screenshot. And, there is no screenshot folder either.

Any ideas?

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
I‘m having this issue, have rebooted the watch and phone, but screenshots don’t go to the phone? There is only one watch paired with this phone. any other ideas how to correct this?

I’m on ios 17 on the iphone and 10.2 on the watch.

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
I‘m having this issue, have rebooted the watch and phone, but screenshots don’t go to the phone? There is only one watch paired with this phone. any other ideas how to correct this?

I’m on ios 17 on the iphone and 10.2 on the watch.

I’m guessing you checked this already, but on the phone, open the Watch app, go to Settings -> General and check that Enable Screenshots is enabled.

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
I’m guessing you checked this already, but on the phone, open the Watch app, go to Settings -> General and check that Enable Screenshots is enabled.
Well sure.. first thing i checked.. that setting has always been on for my watches, since well AW0.. I checked it, it was on, tried turning it off - rebooting everything, turning it back on - rebooting everything. It’s as if the images are going somewhere ELSE, for some reason. But, I don’t have any other watches paired with this iphone anymore.

Might try a full, backup, wipe, restore but that seems silly for what appears to be ONE function. but still, it’s odd it isn’t working anymore.

arc of the universe

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2023
screen shots taken on your Watch go into your iOS Photos app.
you can see them in your photos Library in Photos. screen shots also go automatically into the Recents smart album as well as into the Screen Shots smart album

you can specify which of the Photo albums gets synced to your watch (and therefore viewable in Photos on the Watch; and you can also set the maximum number of photos that will be synced as well).

on iPhone: Watch app / Photos / Sync Album

one of the syncable albums is Recents which would have your most recent Screenshots taken on the Watch.
you could also create any album (which might not be auto refreshed) and chose that album to be synced to your Watch Photos app as well.

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
Yes. But no screenshots are going to the phone anymore. Not sure if it’s since 17.2 or wos 10.2. But it has stopped for some unknown reason.

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
I would consider an unpair and re-pair, and restore from backup. If that still doesn’t work, retry but without restoring from backup.

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
Welp.. two unpair, re-pair and sync later and screenshots seem to be working again,,but

It’s VERY odd. i restored from a more recent backup, same watch about a week ago. NONE of the weather locations from the iPhone syne now, and things like FONT size, MUTE ON were sync’d over. This is all very odd.

Sounds like setting everything up anew is possibly the next best option but would one think that this means a backup on the iphone is corrupt, or the Apple Watch is corrupt?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.