Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Hi, anybody has such experience? I made two purchases in the past and it was a good experience. However, this time it is another story.

I bought a mouse from them. When I opened the shipping box, the seal on the packing is missing. When I opened it, I saw dirt and marks on the mouse. Moreover, at the bottom, there is a large label. Obviously it was removed and the put back. I know it is not brand new because I have bought three such mice from another store last month.

How could they do this?

Boyd01

Staff member
Feb 21, 2012
New Jersey Pine Barrens
Have spent a considerable amount on Macs, peripherals and pro video gear at B&H Photo, both online and at their store going back more than 20 years. Very few problems, but they've always been very responsive when I needed to contact them.

Reactions: henryp and Silencio

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
I am unable to reach them via chat today. I think they are on holiday again until Sunday.

• Haha
Reactions: jaw04005

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
I am unable to reach them via chat today. I think they are on holiday again until Sunday.

They're always on holiday. One reason I stopped buying stuff from them. To be fair, it's not just B&H. I received a TV mount from Amazon this week that was obviously a return (missing screws and bolts) and a Belkin iPhone charger stand that someone had switched the entire thing out with another model.

Everyone is looking to save costs, hoping you don't notice.

Reactions: hajime

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
I have received returned products as new from Amazon and BestBuy.

I suppose more people are returning thanks to youtube and that G company. I guess there are people who just keeping purchasing, doing a review and then return.

The best thing youtube founders did was the creation of youtube but the worst thing that did was to sell it to that company.

henryp

macrumors member
Dec 31, 2007
New York, NY
Hi, anybody has such experience? I made two purchases in the past and it was a good experience. However, this time it is another story.

I bought a mouse from them. When I opened the shipping box, the seal on the packing is missing. When I opened it, I saw dirt and marks on the mouse. Moreover, at the bottom, there is a large label. Obviously it was removed and the put back. I know it is not brand new because I have bought three such mice from another store last month.

How could they do this?
Thank you for your order and this feedback. We regret your dissatisfaction. Please email me at henryp@bhphoto.com with the original B&H order number so we can resolve this for you.
BTW, B&H is closed Friday afternoons through Saturdays out of respect for the Sabbath when all commerce is prohibited.

Last edited:
Reactions: jaw04005 and Boyd01
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.