Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ciberkarlos

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2011
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a media player with some kind of a disable touches function. I'm sure every parent around here would understand me: my baby loves to touch the screen of the iPad while she sees some videos and she accidentaly stops/mute/delete file/change app etc. ALL THE TIME. So i just want a media player that allows to disable touches in the screen so the baby can touch the screen without actually doing any action. This seems very basic but i haven'f found anything so far.

Thanks!

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a media player with some kind of a disable touches function. I'm sure every parent around here would understand me: my baby loves to touch the screen of the iPad while she sees some videos and she accidentaly stops/mute/delete file/change app etc. ALL THE TIME. So i just want a media player that allows to disable touches in the screen so the baby can touch the screen without actually doing any action. This seems very basic but i haven'f found anything so far.

Thanks!

Use Guided Access. It's a godsend: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT202612

You can select the entire screen if necessary so touches won't register, or just specific parts. Activate it by clicking the home button 3 times once you've enabled it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.