Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 24, 2013
So I’m going to guess there’s a lot of you out there lucky enough to either have two phones on the go or perhaps switch between the two main phone OS worlds and I was wondering how you guys are able to switch so frequently with little or no disruption.

I get the urge to come back to android on my old S6 every now and then but always feel like it would be hassle going back to android and then return to iOS soon after!

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014
Use services that work across platforms. For example, Google Voice with Hangouts for standard voice calls and SMS/MMS. When someone calls GV 10-digit # it rings all devices and also texts go to all devices. It also has multi-line capability without the need for dual SIM. Only drawback on iOS is you can't set Hangouts dialer as default dialer as you can on Android.

Last edited:

KingslayerG5

Suspended
Oct 16, 2017
Been using iOS and Android together since 2011 but I tend to gravitate using Android more. That first year with Android wasn't the best. It was more patience and tolerance than liking it.

I personally don't care. Whatever phone is in my hand is the most important phone I'm using at that moment. It may sound like I hate iPhone but I wouldn't be typing on one right now if I hated it.

It's like DC vs Marvel. I got sick and tired of the DC haters in the Avengers: Infinity War comment section on YouTube, I had the urge to school them that Marvel is more of the copycat.

I can actually live without an iPhone. Not heavily invested into their ecosystem. My phone duo preferences isn't a random Android flagship + iPhone. It's easier with TWO Androids for me but with contrasting skills mainly because how proprietary iPhones can be with different charging standards and whatnot.

Right now, the best Android combo for me would be Pixel + another phone like LG or Sony. Good to see the Pixel 2 thread get more pages and replies than Note8. Software experience matters. Note8 might be fast but it doesn't feel smooth like an iPhone or Pixel.

Possible combos -
Apple + Samsung
Apple + Google
Apple + LG
Apple + Sony
Apple + Motorola
Google + Samsung
Google + LG
Google + Sony
Google + Motorola

Essential, OnePlus 5T, and Pixel 2 offer the same software experience for me.

I'm really starting to look into the Essential. It's a poor man's iPhone X and Pixel 2 but with better materials like titanium and ceramic.

A combination of Essential with LG V30 (wide-angle) or Note8 would be an interesting combo. They have to be contrasting enough but not like Android and iOS where I need to bring two different chargers and iMessages only works for iOS devices.

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
A lot of us run parallel all the time. We've been integrated into both for quite a while. I started with Android myself.

For example there may be people who have an iPad but Android phone. Some of us have Windows computers too, so we're in everything.

Google, Microsoft and Apple, I'm kind of integrated into all of them because of my technology addiction. If I were rich, I'd be broke soon.

kasakka

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2008
I use both a Oneplus 3 and an iPad Pro. Using Google services allows me to use both without issues.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
So I’m going to guess there’s a lot of you out there lucky enough to either have two phones on the go or perhaps switch between the two main phone OS worlds and I was wondering how you guys are able to switch so frequently with little or no disruption.

I get the urge to come back to android on my old S6 every now and then but always feel like it would be hassle going back to android and then return to iOS soon after!
I always have iPhones and Android phones. I switch back and forth sometimes multiple times a day! lol
How i do this without interruptions is to keep all of my data on the Google cloud.
All of my contacts and calendar are on Google and set to sync on my Apple devices as well. Then Google pictures is the default photo app for all of them as well. I already use Google for directions and search anyway.
I use an app called isyncr to sync all of my itunes music and playlists to all of my Android phones.
I just make sure to sign out of imessage when switching from my iPhone 8 Plus to my Note 8 or Pixel 2 XL

Reactions: Tig Bitties
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.