Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kris100

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2014
I upgraded from 7.1.1 to 7.1.2 two days ago and yesterday the back camera wont work and sometimes the front camera still works.. and the flash works all the time with special light app! some strange software bug i guess?!?

the camera app just wont respond at all most of the time just cant flip back to the front camera if i press the button a few times 5-7 times..

Ive gone from 7.1.2 back to 7.1.1 but still the same problem (and i configured is as a new phone), so my question is there a way to dont know.. a special software reset? some magic to make me cameras work again!?

kris100

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2014
could this be an hardware issue with the camera? should i buy a 12$ replacement?:(

LostSoul80

macrumors 68020
Jan 25, 2009
What phone are you talking about?
If it's still under warranty, have Apple have a look at it. If you reinstalled the OS and set up as new, there would be strong possibilities of hardware damage. Have you dropped it recently?

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
If you restored as new that's about as much of a software reset as you can do.

However just to try it since it will only cost a minute of your time, hold the home + power button until you see the Apple logo. Doubt it will do much but you never know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.