Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Like the new "Back to ..." Mail or whatever that appears in the upper left when you link/open from say and email to a webpage. But .... :confused:

I'll be in an email, click the link in said email (let's use a notice from this site in an email), link opens in Safari and I get this cute little <Back to Mail in the upper left of Safari. If clicked it quickly takes me right back to my mail.
However .... If I just close the Safari Tab and go to another app or task or even back to email via Task Manager, the <Back to Mail stays in Safari. Even if I close the tab, delete the email ....
The only way to get rid of it is to kill your email in Task Manager or click it in Safari. Which takes you back to your email app. not serious, but annoying and show lack of attention to detail. o_O

This has been true now for all 9.x releases.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Like the new "Back to ..." Mail or whatever that appears in the upper left when you link/open from say and email to a webpage. But .... :confused:

I'll be in an email, click the link in said email (let's use a notice from this site in an email), link opens in Safari and I get this cute little <Back to Mail in the upper left of Safari. If clicked it quickly takes me right back to my mail.
However .... If I just close the Safari Tab and go to another app or task or even back to email via Task Manager, the <Back to Mail stays in Safari. Even if I close the tab, delete the email ....
The only way to get rid of it is to kill your email in Task Manager or click it in Safari. Which takes you back to your email app. not serious, but annoying and show lack of attention to detail. o_O

This has been true now for all 9.x releases.

Tap the "back to ..." Or I believe after 2 minutes it automatically goes away. The link "back to" isn't tied to the specific tab it opens, so currently those are your only options to rid of it after you've browsed the Safari tab it opened.

It's a brand new feature, it won't be perfect right off the bat. Send feedback, maybe it can be improved upon in 9.2, 9.3 or however long iOS 9 goes to. Depending on how they see the priority of it it may not get looked at until iOS 10.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
It's a brand new feature, it won't be perfect right off the bat. Send feedback, maybe it can be improved upon in 9.2, 9.3 or however long iOS 9 goes to. Depending on how they see the priority of it it may not get looked at until iOS 10.

I have so submitted. :D
Seeing this on a Mini 3 LTE and iPad 4 Wifi.

So to get rid of it you can:
  • Click the <Back to ...
  • Kill Mail in the Task Manager
  • You can ... wait for it .... hmmmm... going on 5 minutes and counting. It's still there o_O Guess the 2 minute wait option is out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.