Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

miamijim

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 26, 2010
When the iPad backs up I know the files are kept within the iTunes files but my question is does each back up wipe out the previous back up, or can I back up to a specific back up that has been made.

I would like to back it up to the 31 may as on the 1st of June my iPad wiped some of the info I had on it whilst charging over night.

pondie84

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2008
I'm pretty sure you can choose the backup you want to restore from, if not ordinarily via iTunes, through another program. I can't remember the program's name off the top of my head.

Not very useful I know :p

jazzrocking

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2010
Combining iPad manager, iPad transfer and iPad converter into one, Xilisoft iPad Magic helps Apple iPad tablet users to manage, organize, transfer, and convert media files to iPad. That means, as an iPad transfer, it can backup and transfer movies and music between iPad and your computer. As an iPad converter, it helps convert videos/audios/CD/DVD/ISO images/IFO folder to iPad supported formats, and as an iTunes surrogate, the iPad tool can copy iPad contents to iTunes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.