Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JoeDeep

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2005
I have ask around about this for quite some time, and no one has had an answer for me.

I have Tiger installed on a Mac Mini, and the background images are not adjustable. By that I mean when I go to switch the image in the preferences, it doesn't have any little boxes to check for resizing, and centering like it should. I know it should, because when I first started using it, it had them. However is stopped having those options in the preferences for the desktop.

Can someone tell me how this is possible, and what I can do to get those options back. No offense, but the stock images are getting boring.

russed

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2004
it shouldnt, under system preferences, select desktop and screen saver, then there should be a drop down menu to select the size. to chose a picture from a non mac folder, on the left hand side select 'select folder'.

maybe try repairing permissions? (disk utility > repair permissions?)

Flying Llama

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2004
Los Angeles
I think those options are only available in the "choose folder" or iPhoto library sections, because the Apple supplied backgrounds are automatically set for your computer resolution, but I might be wrong... :eek:

Also, you might want to go to pixelgirlpresents.com or resexcellence.com to get more desktop pictures...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.