Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ackmondual

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 23, 2014
U.S.A., Earth
Some of the apps I have installed on my Ipod Touch 5 (ios 7.0.4) are no longer on the App Store. If you get a new device or have to hard reset your current one, you'll need to setup and take precautions in order to still install them. Furthermore, there's a decent chance I won't be getting a new device, so I won't be able to support newer versions of iOS, and I'll need to retain older versions of apps to continue running them.

Heard there was something that could be done to back up the IPA files?

Also heard there was a way to install them without going through the App Store? They don't need to be signed since originally going through the App Store, they have to have been done so already.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
why don't u just plug in your iPhone, open iTunes and click "transfer purchases" it will backup your apps on iTunes. if you want to make sure they don't get updated just move them from iTunes to your desktop. if u want to sync said version later on u just drag and drop it back into iTunes and sync

ackmondual

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 23, 2014
U.S.A., Earth
why don't u just plug in your iPhone, open iTunes and click "transfer purchases" it will backup your apps on iTunes. if you want to make sure they don't get updated just move them from iTunes to your desktop. if u want to sync said version later on u just drag and drop it back into iTunes and sync

Forgot to mention, I'm using iTunes 10.7. If it's newer than that, then it won't support my 80GB ipod Classic. I think i'll have to find a 3rd party solution that works with an iPod Touch 5 on ios7.04

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.