Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cameleon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2020
Hi everyone,

When I closed the lid on my MacBook Pro 16 inch, I saw that light from the backlight pannel was showing up through the webcam. I can only see it on an angle and it's not impacting the webcam performance. When I press on top of the screen I can close the gap where the light comes through.

I was wondering if there are more people who have this "problem" or if it's just me.

IMG_0248.jpeg

NT3327

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2020
Same here, I have used 3 new out of the box mbp's 16" and all of them had this so I'm assuming it's normal. It's not impacting performance so I don't get bothered by it.

Cameleon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2020
Same here, I have used 3 new out of the box mbp's 16" and all of them had this so I'm assuming it's normal. It's not impacting performance so I don't get bothered by it.

Thank you for your command! It's nice to hear that this issn't a defect specific with my model. I'am also not very bothered by it but it feels a bit out of place with the premium build quality this device offers.

NT3327

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2020
Thank you for your command! It's nice to hear that this issn't a defect specific with my model. I'am also not very bothered by it but it feels a bit out of place with the premium build quality this device offers.

No worries man and understandable reaction from you. I had the same reaction when I unboxed the first one, for a machine that cost me over 3000 euros I'm expecting nothing less than very good quality. I hope this machine will give you the same joy as it gives me. Besides the occasional software-glitches the laptop has been an absolute dream and it's a beast at handling my day to day needs for work (graphic design)! Really happy with it so far.

Reactions: Cameleon
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.