Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pochimen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2018
Hi, I have a Macbook Pro 13' TouchBar (Late 2016). When I open the screen everything looks OK, but when I pass the 90º opening, the Backlight fails and I have to position the screen below 90º for the Backlight to restore (I know it is the Backlight because I used a flashlight at the screen and can see every OSX element).

My Macbook is 1 year and 3 months old so the Apple´s 1 year warranty is no longer available. If the Backlight or fuse would by broken I guess no image could be seen at no angle, could it be some cable flex as I am thinking? In that case I don't know which one or where to start.

A service in my country suggested me to change the whole LCD (very costly)

Thanks for anyone´s help.

philipyoungg

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2015
Jakarta Capital Region
Hi, I have a Macbook Pro 13' TouchBar (Late 2016). When I open the screen everything looks OK, but when I pass the 90º opening, the Backlight fails and I have to position the screen below 90º for the Backlight to restore (I know it is the Backlight because I used a flashlight at the screen and can see every OSX element).

My Macbook is 1 year and 3 months old so the Apple´s 1 year warranty is no longer available. If the Backlight or fuse would by broken I guess no image could be seen at no angle, could it be some cable flex as I am thinking? In that case I don't know which one or where to start.

A service in my country suggested me to change the whole LCD (very costly)

Thanks for anyone´s help.

did you find any solution to this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.