Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alset

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 9, 2002
East Bay, CA
Unrecoverable error every time I try to load Backup.app. Anyone else have this problem in Panther?

Dan

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
Both Backup and Sherlock don't work on my PowerBook after installing 10.3. I did a clean install twice and installed on my PowerBook G3 just to make sure it wasn't my computer but they still don't work on either one.

alset

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 9, 2002
East Bay, CA
Well, now I feel silly... I downloaded the installer for beta 2 and forgot to install it! :rolleyes: Thanks, guys.

Dan

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
Has anyone noticed any glitches or bugs with Backup 2 beta? My Backup doesn't work but I am hesitant about downloading and installing a beta program since Apple's website says that once you install Backup 2, it is really difficult to revert back to the older version that it overwrites.

tduality

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2003
Zurich, Switzerland
Originally posted by Powerbook G5
Has anyone noticed any glitches or bugs with Backup 2 beta? My Backup doesn't work but I am hesitant about downloading and installing a beta program since Apple's website says that once you install Backup 2, it is really difficult to revert back to the older version that it overwrites.

Backup (not the beta version) started to crash on my machine quite some time ago after working flawless. I gave it a try again yesterday to prepare for the Panther installation but it still didn't work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.