Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dumpfbacke

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2023
Hello,

I would like to regularly back up the data from a Time Capsule to a second Time Capsule.

You can save the data on a plugged-in USB disk, but there are hardly any other options, or is that hidden somewhere?

Bildschirmfoto 2023-12-15 um 11.06.40.png

f54da

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2021
closest you can do is mount both via afp/smb then have something like carbon copy cloner clone (i.e. rsync) from one to the other.

mfram

Contributor
Jan 23, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
If you only want to have Time Machine backups then you don't necessarily need to back up your existing drive. You can configure your Mac to back up to more than one place. It will alternate backups to the different drives. Each backup drive will operate independently of the others. But since they are backing up your data, ultimately they will contain the same information.

dumpfbacke

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2023
If you only want to have Time Machine backups then you don't necessarily need to back up your existing drive. You can configure your Mac to back up to more than one place.
Yes, but I use one Time Capsule as Network disk and the other Time Capsule to make a backup from the Network disk.

(Because of working with different Macs, and places there are no files stored on my Macs)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.