Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theapplefanboyj

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2014
I've got a few movies and TV shows on movie box. Problem is, I want to back them up because I want to give my iPhone and my iPod Touch a restore. Is there any way that I can backup the app, with the movies still in the app?

As a last resort, I could back the movies up and watch them in the videos app, but I'd prefer to have them in the moviebox app. All help is appreciated.

RDAR

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2012
The file downloads are located in var/mobile/library/artworks, they all have messed up titles like numbers and letters but if you transfer them to a comp they should play. Just rename them to whatever TV show or movie it was.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
copy them to the computer, then do what you want w the phone, reinstall moviebox and then load the movies back into it again.

Chest

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2015
Same desire and same issues

I have backup my videos with the same name as the folder, restored and re-jailbrake my iPad. Include all videos again in the artwork folder, but movie box can't find. Even after download a new video the backed up files did not appear.

I can see the videos in Vlc, including in the folder of it, and in camera roll if a choose the option in the properties of file by ifile app.

I really would like to see in movie box, because the app create an organize library with pictures and episodes numbers as, iTunes.

Any one knows how to backup the library created and maybe, with lucky, how to include the files backed up again in the movie Box?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.