Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rzrsk8rm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2011
So... I'm wondering if it's a possible to make a backup of my jailbroken 4th Gen iPod Touch. I've tried installing WinSCP & whenever I go to install, it says that it's not a valid win32 something or other (Plus, when I download it, Windows Defender says there's a unwanted program included with the download.. AdCandy or something like that). So, WinSCP is out of the question unless someone can help me with that. I have iPhone Browser & have tried making a backup of my /root folder but that fails somewhere along the Info.plist saying there's some write protection issue there.

Long story short. Can this be done so that I can avoid restoring to iOS v4.2.1, then going through the whole jB process again?

:::Edit:::
Sorry if this is a double-post. As always, I did use the search function prior to creating this thread.

ALSO!!! Is there a program for writing/transferring files onto your iPod besides WinSPC??? (Can WinSPC even write files to iOS devices?)
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

:::More Edits:::

Okay, so... After checking things out a bit. I found that iPhone Explorer can write/Transfer files (Although it's buggy as hell). So, that's taken care of. The Backup issue remains, however.

Side-note.. I've been playing with some of the .strings files & I'm thoroughly enjoying my jB iPod. Ty GreenPois0n

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.