Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GH1852

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2015
Near Chicago
I’m considering upgrading my MacBook Pro using Open Core Legacy Patcher so that I can use a MacOS newer than Catalina. I have a BootCamp partition that’s causing some concerns. I’ve previously used Winclone for backup and restoring, and it’s worked very well. However, I’ve contacted them, and they don’t support Open Core. Told me backups work, but not restores. I’ve used Clonezilla on a Hackintosh (Clover) with very good results, and I’m wondering whether it’s a possible solution for Boot Camp in an Open Core system.

RSMage

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2022
Log in to Boot Camp Windows. And backup your Windows files to an external hard drive OR a backup your files to a cloud service such as OneDrive or Google Drive (If you have a lot to backup and you have slow Internet download/upload speeds I'd recommend backing up to external hard drive).

Now you can remove the Boot Camp partition with Boot Camp assistant. And OpenCore Legacy Patcher upgrade. Your Windows files will be available on an external hard drive or a cloud.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.