Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arcadehj2000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 29, 2007
So i sent my macbook in a couple of weeks ago because i had a discoloration at the palmrests and my trackpad wasnt so responsive. The local service center took over a week to replace the palmrests. I took the macbook home and started playing around on it, until i realised that the back of the screen had a huge number of deep scratches in it. I also noticed that my trackpad was still slightly unresponsive. I called the a/s center and they said they would have a look at it and discuss what to do about it. Right now I'm in the middle of a holiday period so I'm planning to send my macbook in once it ends. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, what did apple do about it?

Dybbuk

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2006
I've got the palm rest discoloration issue, but my trackpad is fine. Have you tried turning the sensitivity up?

noodle654

macrumors 68020
Jun 2, 2005
Never Ender
I had a similar problem but mine was 10 times worse for my iBook G4. I had 3 repairs in 2-3 week period. Each time came back in worse condition and/or they messed up my screen or keyboard. Did you send it to the Memphis, TN FlexTronics location??? Many people here have had problems with them and Apple is dealing with it. Next time you need a repair ask for a different repair center.

Matt

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.