Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wws

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 9, 2012
Hello all-

I am new here and want to tell you about the experience I've had with iOS 6 beta. I was originally on iOS 5.1.1 jailbroken with Absinthe. I upgraded to iOS 6 beta 3 a couple of weeks ago and waited for iOS 6 beta 4 to come out before I tether jailbroke it. I installed beta 4 and tether jailbroke it with redsn0w. After a while, I decided I didn't like the tether jailbreak situation and wanted to downgrade to 5.1.1. So, I plugged it into iTunes and hit restore, taking me back to 5.1.1. When it asked if I wanted to set up as new or restore from backup, I chose to restore the backup I made before I upgraded to iOS 6 beta 3. It restored the backup fine, I rejailbroke with Absinthe 2.0.4, and reinstalled my tweaks and jailbreak apps. Since then, my battery has not performed to the level it did before I did the whole upgrading fiasco. I have read around here that if I restore it again in iTunes, choose to set up as new this time, and THEN restore the backup, it fixes the battery drain. I don't mind doing a clean restore if I have to but would prefer not to.
What are you guys' opinion on this? Have you ever been in this situation, followed the set up as new, then restore from backup and it worked? I used to get about 4-5 days on battery before it went red, now it's down to 50% after only 48 hours which seems a bit low to me. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
wws

jnmiah

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2012
Hello all-

I am new here and want to tell you about the experience I've had with iOS 6 beta. I was originally on iOS 5.1.1 jailbroken with Absinthe. I upgraded to iOS 6 beta 3 a couple of weeks ago and waited for iOS 6 beta 4 to come out before I tether jailbroke it. I installed beta 4 and tether jailbroke it with redsn0w. After a while, I decided I didn't like the tether jailbreak situation and wanted to downgrade to 5.1.1. So, I plugged it into iTunes and hit restore, taking me back to 5.1.1. When it asked if I wanted to set up as new or restore from backup, I chose to restore the backup I made before I upgraded to iOS 6 beta 3. It restored the backup fine, I rejailbroke with Absinthe 2.0.4, and reinstalled my tweaks and jailbreak apps. Since then, my battery has not performed to the level it did before I did the whole upgrading fiasco. I have read around here that if I restore it again in iTunes, choose to set up as new this time, and THEN restore the backup, it fixes the battery drain. I don't mind doing a clean restore if I have to but would prefer not to.
What are you guys' opinion on this? Have you ever been in this situation, followed the set up as new, then restore from backup and it worked? I used to get about 4-5 days on battery before it went red, now it's down to 50% after only 48 hours which seems a bit low to me. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
wws
Restart as new ipod

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio
I figured you would say that :) Should I restore the backup after I set up as new or just let it go?

I would try with the backup first. You're not out anything then if you have to set up as new...

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.