Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

limebook

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2019
Australia
[mention]dsr2 [/mention] I have had the same experience. I was amazed at the battery life of my iPhone 11 when I got it1 upgraded from the original SE. It was too big.
I down graded to the 2nd version of the SE and am barely making it through the day and am doing worse than my original se.
It’s interesting- some are getting good results and others not so great.

Here is a screen shot of my usage if that’s of any benefit.
0a85016e29185faef2b498669a8ddc1d.jpg

Reactions: Martyimac

Martyimac

macrumors 68020
Aug 19, 2009
S. AZ.
AS others have mentioned, I had to put my SE(2G) in service since I cracked the glass on my 11Pro. Didn't quite know what to expect but battery life isn't as good as I might have wanted. Of course the larger battery of the 11 Pro colors my expectations.
All that being said, glad I had the 2(SG) for a backup.

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
i just play one game call of duty for 15mint and my battry life 50% ded why
Games can use a lot of battery for sure, especially if there are different framerate options. Which iPhone SE do you have and what is its battery health?

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
The SE has the smallest battery of any iPhone released in the past 4 years.

carsonphilips

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2020
Apple's claim of over 10 hours is rubbish. I just bought an iphone SE two days ago - very excited to have it at last - and the thing loses charge unbelievably quickly. My $200 now-2-years-old Huawei blows the SE out of the water. I'm getting 3-4 hours out of mine, and it's new, just out of the box. That's not me gaming, that's texting, email, and reading newpaper apps at most. The other day I sat with it in front of me, turned it on with nothing happening, all apps closed, and it was losing 1% every 3 minutes. Could just watch the percentage tick away. Overnight, just sitting there, it loses 8%. I'm still in shock that it's that bad. Have to keep it on low power mode all the freakin' time, turning of this and that in settings just to eke out a hafl decent battery life. This is an Apple product, right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.