Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

patrick0brien

macrumors 68040
Oct 24, 2002
The West Loop
Aw c'mon guys, Vista's not that bad.

It's just not all that much better than XP.

But then, add the fact that most of us prefer OSX, and Vista is a hollow follower.

Unlike 1995, the public is a lot more informed now, and are wise to Microsoft's business practices.

It's an interesting thing to watch...

johnmartin78

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2007
Canada
Bingo, I have yet to see any software from microsoft that wasnt, yet they make some good hardware but in fairness Apple has the best software and its hardware is .....crippled in some fashion or another.

What "good hardware" does Microsoft make besides keyboard and mouse?I hate my Xbox360 more and more everytime I use it.The fan sounds like a hovercraft,and nearly need a oven mitt to remove the discs from the drive they're so hot.Damn you Gears of War!!Why be so good on such lame hardware?!?!

Can't think of one thing Microsoft makes,or assembles* hardware wise I would consider good.To be honest,theres a few pieces of software that are actually pretty good.

princealfie

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2006
Salt Lake City UT
What "good hardware" does Microsoft make besides keyboard and mouse?I hate my Xbox360 more and more everytime I use it.The fan sounds like a hovercraft,and nearly need a oven mitt to remove the discs from the drive they're so hot.Damn you Gears of War!!Why be so good on such lame hardware?!?!

Can't think of one thing Microsoft makes,or assembles* hardware wise I would consider good.To be honest,theres a few pieces of software that are actually pretty good.

I take it that you didn't like the Zune, did you? :D

Swarmlord

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2006
I saw a post where someone got it up to nearly 20 different versions including 32 or 64 bit and all the business versions too. :eek:

Yeah, the days of providing just a workstation and server version of their software appears to be long gone. Looks like you'll have to buy a book and read up before you're qualified to even know what to purchase for your computer.

Joedy

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2006
Heed these words, Ballmer is the beginning of the end for Microsoft...

-joedy

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.