Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tardman91

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 21, 2009
Tampa Area, FL
I’m getting the wife a new 45mm Apple Watch series 9 for Christmas and she wants it in pink. It’s coming with the pink sport band, but I’d like to pick her up some others as well since her current collection is for the original 40mm SE. what goes good with the pink? 3rd party bands are perfectly fine.

Reactions: SusieS

SusieS

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2018
For a darker option than the sport loops, I think the Mulberry sport band would go. Have you played with the Apple Watch style studio on the Apple website? You can get an idea of what the pink case would look like with all the current bands.

IMG_2585.jpeg

bluespark

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2009
Chicago
In addition to the Mulberry sport band SusieS mentioned (I agree with her that this looks good), there is also a Mulberry modern buckle band. I think that's a very stylish and feminine band for somewhat dressier situations. There is also a beautiful rouge Hermes band in the current lineup which she could dress up or down.

mikedop

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
Pink in person is barely pink. It's more muted. I'd say any bands that look good on Starlight will stand a fair chance at looking good on Pink, they're similar enough. I'd start by looking for pics of different bands on Starlight.

SusieS

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2018
I’m getting the wife a new 45mm Apple Watch series 9 for Christmas and she wants it in pink. It’s coming with the pink sport band, but I’d like to pick her up some others as well since her current collection is for the original 40mm SE. what goes good with the pink? 3rd party bands are perfectly fine.
I have the pink S9 and one of my favorite bands with it is last fall’s Product Red sport loop, which is more of a strawberry pinkish red. It’s not available on Apple anymore but Amazon still has it in stock. I hope your wife enjoys the pink case, I think it is really pretty.

Attachments

• IMG_2603.jpeg
    IMG_2603.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0040.jpeg
    IMG_0040.jpeg
    344.7 KB · Views: 68

rosegoldoli

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2019
The light pink sport loop and sport band works very well with it.

this pink apple watch is less versatile than the rose gold s2. its a pretty watch but If you want to bring the pink out you need pinker bands

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.