Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boshii

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
How can I enable this? Currently when I get a text the obtrusive alert window pops up and stops me from doing what I was doing at the moment. I couldn't find a setting for this. Thanks.

Last edited:

germanguy

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2008
It only tells you, though, that you get a message but not the content. With Apple built-in SMS you can see the content on top before it rolls away. Wish biteSMS had that

TaterToT

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2009
OK
It only tells you, though, that you get a message but not the content. With Apple built-in SMS you can see the content on top before it rolls away. Wish biteSMS had that

What are you talking about? It does show a preview. Make sure under Settings > Notifications > Messages, Show Preview is On.

germanguy

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2008
What are you talking about? It does show a preview. Make sure under Settings > Notifications > Messages, Show Preview is On.
Yes. That is how it works for the built-in SMS app. For biteSMS, when I get a message, all I see is a notification on the status bar that I got a message, but no preview. I have to swipe down the notification bar to see the message.

TaterToT

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2009
OK
Yes. That is how it works for the built-in SMS app. For biteSMS, when I get a message, all I see is a notification on the status bar that I got a message, but no preview. I have to swipe down the notification bar to see the message.

Hmm that's very weird, I have biteSMS and my banner still shows the preview..

TSX

macrumors 68030
Oct 1, 2008
Texas

I have the same problem.

Chucksta991

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2012
My banners won't stay on, I go to settings turn them on and as soon as I exit settings it reverts back to "none". Show preview is on and idk

Europa13

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2009
My banners won't stay on, I go to settings turn them on and as soon as I exit settings it reverts back to "none". Show preview is on and idk

I'm having the exact same problem. I can't get it to retain the Banners = On setting. BiteSMS keeps toggling it back off. I've tried a hard reset and uninstalling/reinstalling Bite twice, but it continues to turn banners off.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

lukejc1

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2013
Wisconsin
I'm having the exact same problem. I can't get it to retain the Banners = On setting. BiteSMS keeps toggling it back off. I've tried a hard reset and uninstalling/reinstalling Bite twice, but it continues to turn banners off.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

I have the same problem. Have you found a fix?

sumsingwong

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2012
I did that too but after I repsring, the notification style goes back to none. It's very frustrating.

Go into biteSMS settings>quick reply>unlock mode. Make sure tap to open quick reply is checked & auto show quick reply is toggled off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.