Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jonnyb098

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
its been almost two months......does anyone else know why RANDOMLY some banner notifications won't go away in iOS 10 on their own ????? Sometimes it's messages, sometimes its calendar. I figured such an obvious bug would be fixed by now. Very very annoying.

Reactions: willmtaylor

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
its been almost two months......does anyone else know why RANDOMLY some banner notifications won't go away in iOS 10 on their own ????? Sometimes it's messages, sometimes its calendar. I figured such an obvious bug would be fixed by now. Very very annoying.
What iOS version are you using (in case this might have been addressed in one of the more recent updates)?

BeefCake 15

macrumors 68020
May 15, 2015
Yes, I run into the same issue on latest iOS 10 but it got better with the last update but don't think fully gone.

jonnyb098

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
I'm on the latest version 10.1.1 and it's very random as I said. Sometimes notifications will stick with messages, sometimes they don't. Usually calendar notifications always stick.
[doublepost=1478142524][/doublepost]
You sure that are not setup as Alerts?
Yes, I'm not a novice user. Not even trying to brag but I notice a lot of the stupid little bugs like this within a few hours of a new OS release. I could easily generate a long list of silly bugs very quickly which makes me wonder who exactly tests this stuff at Apple. I know bugs are bugs but these stupid little things are part of the " new apple" I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: willmtaylor

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I'm on the latest version 10.1.1 and it's very random as I said. Sometimes notifications will stick with messages, sometimes they don't. Usually calendar notifications always stick.
[doublepost=1478142524][/doublepost]
Yes, I'm not a novice user. Not even trying to brag but I notice a lot of the stupid little bugs like this within a few hours of a new OS release. I could easily generate a long list of silly bugs very quickly which makes me wonder who exactly tests this stuff at Apple. I know bugs are bugs but these stupid little things are part of the " new apple" I guess.
And you are sure something like Calendar notifications aren't set to alerts (vs banners)?

jonnyb098

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
And you are sure something like Calendar notifications aren't set to alerts (vs banners)?
Ok I checked and calendars were set to alerts but it still doesn't explain the issue with messages. Those are set to banners only and they still stick on the screen sometimes.

daijholt

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2013
Wales, UK
Only happens to me when I'm using google maps or apple maps.

I'll be navigating and get a whatsapp or email banner that stays at the top until I remove it manually.

BigOrangeOgre

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2018
Only happens to me when I'm using google maps or apple maps.

I'll be navigating and get a whatsapp or email banner that stays at the top until I remove it manually.

Can confirm, while watching videos, or using nav. Banner notifications do not go away. I am on the most recent version of the ios. If there is a way to correct this, i would like to know.

Edit... there is now a setting in the notifications, it must be set default to persistent, hope this helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.