Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobesch

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 21, 2015
Kiel, Germany
BassJump subwoofer is my favorite audio-gadged on MacBooks for a looong time.
Software covers OSX/macOS from Leopard to Monterey even if TwelveSouth stopped to sell the hardware some time ago and since ElCapitan doesn't offer updates for the BassJump-Driver any more.
Unfortunately with Ventura the BassJump-driver stopped working.
Despite beeing amazed, how damn good OCLP Ventura performs on mid2012 15"MBP9,1 and 2013/14 11"MBA I was really sorry about loosing my favorite subwoofer.
I'm just into trying out OCLP Ventura since two weeks ago but today I gave BassJump a second try.
I removed the BassJump driver, went into Audio-Midi-Setup, set the Volume of the BassJump-device to about 30-40% and created a combined "Multiausgangsgerät" 😄 consisting of 'Internal Speakers' and BassJump.
Voilà, subwoofer is back! Well, no bells and whistles of the original GUI but seriously real improvement over just the 'internal speakers' without subwoofer-support.
Since Volume for the "Multiausgangsgerät" can't be controlled through the menu-bar, the AudioMidiSetup.App has got it's place in the dock now.
Together with the discovery of "Retroactive" (which empowers Aperture and iPhoto to run on Ventura), this is a huge step towards migration to OCPL Ventura. (But for now and until thorough testing of the reliability of Backup/Restore-procedures are done I gladly stick with patched_Mojave.)

BassJump_OCLPVentura.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Amethyst1

bobesch

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 21, 2015
Kiel, Germany
SoundSource.App from RogueAmoeba brings back Keyboard and AppleRemote functionality for any "Multiausgangsgerät".
Well, maybe a bit pricy but compared to the alternatives a reasonable expense ...

SoundSource&BassJump.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Amethyst1
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.