Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Janichsan

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 23, 2006
WB Games has announced that their latest Batman game will not be coming for Mac and Linux. Feral has already removed it from their radar, but hasn't issued any statement regarding that.

txa1265

Suspended
Aug 15, 2002
Corning, NY
Considering the state of the PC version, this does not surprise me.
^
|
THIS!

I liked the first game in the series on PC but not so much the second so I didn't rush out to buy this one .. and based on feedback from friends it is a good thing.

Washac

macrumors 68030
Jul 2, 2006
They probably aren't allowed to discuss it. But damn it would be interesting to know why.

Because the PC version was/is screwed up so badly I would think, I have played it on PS4 the batmobile driving will make you crazy, it slides around like a ruptured spider on ice, a vehicle that should not only be fast but have super grip I would think, OK OK turn it off play something else.
[doublepost=1455094091][/doublepost]
Hopefully the PC version can leave Steam Early Access soon.

I would think the whole game program needs to re written top down or bottom up whatever way they decide to approach it. I think it is one of those screwed games where everytime they fix one thing it creates another problem somewhere else.

antonis

macrumors 68020
Jun 10, 2011
Problems with the PC version seem to be deep in the game's engine. I mean, the only fix so far was a patch release that locks the framerate at 30fps for every gpu. That alone doesn't look very promising at all. However, being able to play it for free (it was included with a new nvidia gpu purchase), now I'm not anticipating a fixed version. Framerate issues aside, gameplay was...meh.

Janichsan

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 23, 2006
Problems with the PC version seem to be deep in the game's engine. I mean, the only fix so far was a patch release that locks the framerate at 30fps for every gpu. That alone doesn't look very promising at all.
Not quite. There were a number of patches, including one that allows you to select up to 90fps (not sure if you can run it at an unlimited framerate with the in-game settings), but that still wasn't sufficient. It still runs like arse for many.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.