Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Poonaka

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 30, 2009
I have an iPhone 6 plus with a third party battery in it. Lately, I'm having a hard time making it through the day on a full charge. I was considering replacing the battery but I'm not sure if it's the problem.

I had the battery installed about 9 - 10 months ago and the battery information page in iOS 11 wouldn't show any battery activity details. I'm now on iOS 12 and the battery details seem to work but the health says "Service" and it shows a maximum capacity is 65%. However, I had a look at coconutBattery and iMazing who reported 93.8% and 96.6% max capacity...

I'm wondering which one is accurate?

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
No body can answer that. The third party battery is not reporting the condition like an OEM battery would. If you care get the battery replaced.

Poonaka

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 30, 2009
No body can answer that. The third party battery is not reporting the condition like an OEM battery would. If you care get the battery replaced.

I guess what I'm really wondering is if someone has seen the same situation and did changing the battery improve things?

Renho

macrumors 68030
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
It’s $29 for battery replacement with Apple till Dec! Not sure they will do it now tho since a third party battery is in. But whatever the tests show I would go get it changed with an Apple one since it’s only $29

Poonaka

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 30, 2009
It’s $29 for battery replacement with Apple till Dec! Not sure they will do it now tho since a third party battery is in. But whatever the tests show I would go get it changed with an Apple one since it’s only $29
I actually brought it into them and as soon as I said third party battery they told me I was out of luck as they would never service the phone. Even if it was a completely unrelated issue, they will not touch it...

Renho

macrumors 68030
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
I actually brought it into them and as soon as I said third party battery they told me I was out of luck as they would never service the phone. Even if it was a completely unrelated issue, they will not touch it...

Ya they screw you as soon as someone else opens it.

Just take it to another store and don’t tell them anything before hand. See if they will do it..lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.