Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drwxr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2021
Hello everyone,

I bought a battery for my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) and made the change yesterday (I have already done the steps of the SMC and PRAM).

At first, the battery was in "normal" condition and everything was fine. After a cycle, the battery had the status "Service Recommended" and I ended up downloading the coconut to take a look, some of the information left me confused.

Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 13.48.47.png

- Design Capacity is too low
- Design Capacity very different from Full Charge Capacity
- Full Charge Capacity is very different from the status (I understand that this can be normal due to the margin of error).

I also noticed that the load sometimes goes from 30% to 7% quickly.

My concern is to trigger the exchange without foundation, maybe it is something from the Macbook itself, I would like your guidance, especially those who have been through this.

Thank you all

drwxr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2021
Could this be the cause of not maintaining battery charge? And possibly a de-calibration?

I literally don't understand anything about it, I worry about being another factor.

drwxr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2021
Yes, I did the whole process.

Problem is how to "prove" that it is defective for the seller.

Audit13

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Send the seller a screenshot.

There is no way the battery's design capacity would drop so quickly after a few charge cycles.

I bought a third-party battery for my mid-2014 13" and it's been fine. It was also made on January 2021.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 12.50.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 12.50.57 PM.png
    211.6 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:

drwxr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2021
It is very different.
I'll check with the seller, thank you for your help.

Reactions: Audit13
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.