Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

musaddiq0608

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2018
Hi dear friends,
is there any way to find out the remaining battery capacity on my iPad pro 10.5 cellular? there is no inbuilt option like on iPhones. And, on IOS 12 an later even 3rd party apps won't tell anything in this regard.

Reactions: Val-kyrie

Val-kyrie

macrumors 68020
Feb 13, 2005
Hi dear friends,
is there any way to find out the remaining battery capacity on my iPad pro 10.5 cellular? there is no inbuilt option like on iPhones. And, on IOS 12 an later even 3rd party apps won't tell anything in this regard.

I also would like to know if how to determine the wear level on an iPad battery. Coconut Battery states that it can not provide battery information on iOS 12.

I would like to know because I am considering whether to replace my battery.... My iPad Mini 2 SEEMS slow, but so did my iPhone SE until I replaced my battery. Now my SE functions like new! Amazing, huh /s?

Has none else considered that Apple is slowing down iPads—just like the iPhones—as the iPad’s battery wears?

[off topic: I have decided I will never buy an ARM-based Mac if Apple ever releases one. If Apple can reduce the performance of a device by installing batteries that cannot keep up with the CPU after a set amount of time, and if Apple can make the battery non-upgradeable for the end user, and if Apple can control the price of battery replacements because it is the sole supplier, and if Apple can legally hide the battery wear and the information on how battery wear affects performance—all of which Apple is currently doing—why would anyone trust Apple to create a portable computer that won’t have planned (battery) service at a minimum and planned obsolescence as an end goal? Is this not what is happening with iPhones and iPads?]

JBGoode

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2018
I have a program on my PC called iBackupBot that displays battery info when devices are connected. I don't know how accurate it is since I've heard that Coconut Battery was the only solution for this. It says my 10.5 WiFi has over 8100 mAH last time I checked it. I think the official spec is 8134 mAH. For what it's worth, it calculates my 6s battery as around 94% capacity and the battery app on the phone itself says 96%

Reactions: Val-kyrie
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.