Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GCHASE1995

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 4, 2015
Ok. So sometimes my iPhone SE will start to lag and slow down. So I had Apple support run a battery diagnostic test on my battery. It says

Battery Capacity: 103%
Charge Cycles: 676

How is that possible? Should I be worried about my phones battery?

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
It's just an estimate based on voltage I believe. If you have a Mac hook it up to your Mac and run coconut battery. It's the only way to get an accurate reading anymore since Apple doesn't allow access through iPhone apps anyone (that's my understanding at least).

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
676? I'd expect right around 90% as long as you took care of the battery over it's lifetime, 103% sounds too good to be true. As noobinator recommended, get coconut battery if you have a Mac and check it yourself.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It's just an estimate based on voltage I believe. If you have a Mac hook it up to your Mac and run coconut battery. It's the only way to get an accurate reading anymore since Apple doesn't allow access through iPhone apps anyone (that's my understanding at least).
If Apple ran the diagnostic it really should be more than just an estimate.

Reactions: Phillyphil0302

ipooed

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
Ok. So sometimes my iPhone SE will start to lag and slow down. So I had Apple support run a battery diagnostic test on my battery. It says

Battery Capacity: 103%
Charge Cycles: 676

How is that possible? Should I be worried about my phones battery?
When did apple start giving out the battery capacity numbers? As of 3 days ago they were only giving out weather or not the battery was in “good health” or not

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
I just did a battery diagnostic moments again, and Apple would not give me the numbers. They would only tell you if it failed or not.

Go to Apple chat, and they would remote into your phone.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
When did apple start giving out the battery capacity numbers? As of 3 days ago they were only giving out weather or not the battery was in “good health” or not

Few months ago they told me 81% for my iPhone 6S. Not sure if the guy was supposed to or not however I was with a friend and just asked the employee to check mine. It was out of warranty and I wasn't going to pay them 80 dollars at the time.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
They don’t. And they also don’t give out health. Just good or bad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.