Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cdmmdc123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 22, 2011
Updated to the beta on Monday and been pretty issue free. This morning when I woke up my 14 pro max charging via official magsafe charger was very very warm and only charged to 75%. I always charge screen down.

I shrugged it off as this has happened before (the heat not the failing to charge all the way). Now it seems my phone is charging very slow and my battery health is at 91%.

Has anyone else had charging issue on the beta?

Does anyone else have concerns about long term charging via magsafe? In general it seems magsafe warms the phone much more than lighting charging.

• Wow
Reactions: Tsepz

symphony

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2016
Updated to the beta on Monday and been pretty issue free. This morning when I woke up my 14 pro max charging via official magsafe charger was very very warm and only charged to 75%. I always charge screen down.

I shrugged it off as this has happened before (the heat not the failing to charge all the way). Now it seems my phone is charging very slow and my battery health is at 91%.

Has anyone else had charging issue on the beta?

Does anyone else have concerns about long term charging via magsafe? In general it seems magsafe warms the phone much more than lighting charging.
Are you sure it didn’t stop charging due to optimized charging? You can disable it to test.

Reactions: Tsepz
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.