Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacCraig Pro

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
Manchester, UK
Hi All,

I currently own a 2020 iPhone SE and I've had it since mid-2020 and my battery life is currently abysmal and doesn't last a day.

Battery health is 81% and I have Apple Care but Apple don't want to know as its above their threshold. It's been at 81% for ages and at least the last year. The cynic in me thinks its because I have Apple Care and as soon as I cancel it, it'll drop beneath the magic threshold and Apple will get a battery replacement fee out of me.

My question for you, is there any way for me to get the battery health to drop a little quicker? I already charge several times a day and charge when it's dropped under 20% etc. and I am not particularly kind to the battery either.

Many thanks,

Craig

Clamjuice65

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2023
Ahhh it’s the Apple scam they playing . They will have devices hover around 81-83% for months so they won’t have to replace the battery on there dime smh

floral

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2023
Earth
Hi All,

I currently own a 2020 iPhone SE and I've had it since mid-2020 and my battery life is currently abysmal and doesn't last a day.

Battery health is 81% and I have Apple Care but Apple don't want to know as its above their threshold. It's been at 81% for ages and at least the last year. The cynic in me thinks its because I have Apple Care and as soon as I cancel it, it'll drop beneath the magic threshold and Apple will get a battery replacement fee out of me.

My question for you, is there any way for me to get the battery health to drop a little quicker? I already charge several times a day and charge when it's dropped under 20% etc. and I am not particularly kind to the battery either.

Many thanks,

Craig

Even if Apple is pulling a fee out from under you, the SE isn't exactly known for it's battery life. It's about par to the now-probably-phased-out Mini series... as in, good luck with the "all day" usage :(

Getting a replacement WOULD give a considerable boost, seeing that it's 3 years old, but at this point I'd recommend just swapping to a more modern phone. At least a 2022 SE, which fares a little better in battery life, while if you have more cash to spend, an Android phone, or a flagship iPhone if you can't find yourself escaping the Apple ecosystem.

Best of luck :D

EDIT: Oh wait, doy, that wasn't the question... my bad :P If you want to drain the battery HARD, try spamming intensive benchmarks like AnTuTu, and maxing out the brightness. Yes, it will become a molten magma brick in terms of temperature, but you can ensure that the battery is shriveling up like a raisin XD
Bonus points if it's charging while doing all this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.