Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

max2

macrumors 603
May 31, 2015
I been noticing the same thing. There a big topic on the Apple Forum about it too.

chris4565

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 22, 2018
I been noticing the same thing. There a big topic on the Apple Forum about it too.
Could you post a link to this thread, please? Maybe there's something in there that could help my battery drain.

By the way, I don't see any particular app(s) in the battery stats unfortunately that is/are responsible for the drain.

brgjoe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2014
Central IL, USA.
Yep, ever since 13.5.1 I have also had my battery draining faster than before.

It's not extreme. But usually when I would go home, my battery would be at 95% or so. Now it's around 75=80% most days. Sometimes even less.

I powered it off/on and it worked for a couple of days. Now the draining issue is back again. Hopefully it will get addressed at some point.

Maki Roc

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2014
I did a DFU restore. Setup the device as new. Reinstalled everything back to the way it was with the only exception being that I didn’t install Dropbox and Google Drive. Everything works well now. No battery drain for the last two weeks.

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
Could you post a link to this thread, please? Maybe there's something in there that could help my battery drain.

By the way, I don't see any particular app(s) in the battery stats unfortunately that is/are responsible for the drain.
Since yesterday I'm talking to Apple because I have similar issues on 1 year old iPad Pro . There are times where even if connected to its original charger, doesn't charge and I need to restart or force restart to have it charging. Many times it showing that it charges till 94% and no more. At restart actually it's even less. I sent all the battery screenshots at the Apple representative : activity, percentage 24 Hours and 10 days etc. What it's really weird it's that even on the charger it using the battery, as you can see on the screenshot. All this happening since installing 13.5 and worsening since 13.5.1
Screen Shot 2020-06-25.png

Reactions: chris4565
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.