Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sossity

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 12, 2010
I am running iOS 16.2 on it, and it has been ok for a while, but now the battery is draining a lot faster now, it went from 100% capacity to 99%. It will go from 100% charged at the start of the day down to 25% by later in the evening, it has never done that before. I recently upgraded to 200 GB iCloud + plan for backup of my photos. I know things can be indexed and curated, but I do not have alot of photos on it right now.

I have also gone into settings and adjusted things, and turned off unneeded things. I do keep notifications on for phone and messages, but have turned them off for everything else.

fatTribble

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
My battery life has been excellent. I can’t imagine it would be iCloud+ causing a battery drain. Have you checked to see if your iCloud Photos backup completed?

Reactions: kitKAC

Lcohen34

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2020
That's why I stopped updating iOS unless I am forced to.

Don't care much for new features but battery life is important to me.

kitKAC

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2022
My battery life has been excellent. I can’t imagine it would be iCloud+ causing a battery drain. Have you checked to see if your iCloud Photos backup completed?

Same, I've never had battery issues with any iOS update. @Sossity, did you go into Settings, Battery and see what's using the most power?

Reactions: fatTribble

Sossity

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 12, 2010
Same, I've never had battery issues with any iOS update. @Sossity, did you go into Settings, Battery and see what's using the most power?
Yes, it looks like exposure notifications, of which I tuned off notifications for so I am not sure why it is still using my battery, maps, siri, home and lock screen and messages.

I want to keep messages notifications on.

Reactions: fatTribble

kitKAC

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2022
Yes, it looks like exposure notifications, of which I tuned off notifications for so I am not sure why it is still using my battery, maps, siri, home and lock screen and messages.

I want to keep messages notifications on.

Turning off notifications just turns off notifications. If you don't want to use the Exposure Notifications feature, just turn it off completely in Settings, Exposure Notifications.

Sossity

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 12, 2010
Turning off notifications just turns off notifications. If you don't want to use the Exposure Notifications feature, just turn it off completely in Settings, Exposure Notifications.
Thanks, I found it, turned it off, and will see if this helps.

Reactions: kitKAC
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.