Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iphonefreak450

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 14, 2014
I purchased my iPhone XS around June of this year with the Battery Health being 100%.
Now, it is 97%.

Just wanting to ask if this is normal?

I am aware that the XS has very poor battery life...So I have to charge it maybe every 2 days maximum.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I purchased my iPhone XS around June of this year with the Battery Health being 100%.
Now, it is 97%.

I am aware that the XS has very poor battery life...So I have to charge it maybe every 2 days maximum.
A number of existing threads on the subject can be of help:

hewastl286

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2019
i think thats normal... my XS jumped in the frist 3 months from 100% to 93% -- and now, for nearly 6 months it stands still at 93%...

reading a lot and the most answers i get is, that do not think to much about the battery life until it drops unter 80%..

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
Xs Max now 2 years old so 3% sounds within reason. Remember it also depends on how much you use and charge your iPhone

Treiber75

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2018
I think it’s normal...
Mine dropped from 100 to 86% in the first year after release. Since then it stands still.
Apart from that I would say that the Xs has poor battery life.

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
Now, it is 97%.

Seems okay, I got my 11 Pro Max in March and it’s at 98% now.

Has your battery life dramatically decreased? Personally my battery life seems to still be top notch.

Also how old is your Xs? It could have been a phone built long ago, remember batteries degrade even while sitting at the retailer, so your phone could have been sitting for quite a long time. I cannot remember how you check build date but that would explain the drop.

bradbomb

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
I have a weirder problem with my iPhone X. It is almost 3 years old at this point, battery health still says 91% HOWEVER, it also says the battery needs service and that my performance may be degraded. With Apple Stores still closed in Los Angeles, I have not been able to get it replaced. It's actually part of the reason why I'm finally considering an upgrade to an iPhone 12 Pro if/when they get announced in a few weeks.

freeagent

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2020
No kidding. That’s terrible life. I bought my certified preowned xs max last February and it’s still at 100%. When I got my 3rd 7 it dropped two points in 6 months. Iirc it’s at 83% and coming up to it’s 3rd winter and gets abused by my kids.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.