Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cyndaquil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 19, 2022
Hello, hope you guys can be of help.

I recently purchased an iphone x reburbished from a reliable source, it's out of guarantee

I realized one day after 2 weeks i got it the battery said "service" and went check and battery capacity was at 100% anyway the day after it went to 96% then 92%.

I took it to a tech with the seller since she offerefd guarantee and the tech said all was good and battery display could be tricky.

I didn't believe so i dowloaded coconut battery to check it myself and battery stats show 100% of it's capacity but realised the charge percentage was inaccurate to the one displayed in the phone.

I charge the phone with a C charger from Apple. And iPhone has the latest iOS.

Can someone give me a light of what do?

smokesletsgo

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2013
I wouldn’t worry about it too much, it may or may not have some cheap Chinese battery installed, just check how it holds up throughout the day if it’s fine - it’s fine, those numbers aren’t 100% accurate or important anyway. If the battery doesn’t even get you through the day then just replace it with a legitimate one at Apple trusted repair service.

Reactions: Cyndaquil
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.