Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tl01

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
I got a replacement iPhone yesterday. I set up the watch with my new phone. I charged the watch to 100 percent and then put it on during the night...maybe around 3am. I only looked at it a few times after I woke up and by about 9am the phone was trying to go into power reserve mode. That seems like a crazy quick discharge. I charged it again this morning...and took it off at 94 percent around 10:30. It's already at 65 percent and it is 2pm. I have only used it to send 2 texts since I took it off the charger this morning. I haven't changed the settings in it but usually end the day worth about 1/2 the battery left. Any ideas what I can do or what could have drained it so much while I slept?

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I got a replacement iPhone yesterday. I set up the watch with my new phone. I charged the watch to 100 percent and then put it on during the night...maybe around 3am. I only looked at it a few times after I woke up and by about 9am the phone was trying to go into power reserve mode. That seems like a crazy quick discharge. I charged it again this morning...and took it off at 94 percent around 10:30. It's already at 65 percent and it is 2pm. I have only used it to send 2 texts since I took it off the charger this morning. I haven't changed the settings in it but usually end the day worth about 1/2 the battery left. Any ideas what I can do or what could have drained it so much while I slept?

Have you tried wiping and re-pairing the watch? Something isn't right. Mine goes a day and a half on 1 charge.

MartyCan

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2012
Near Toronto, ON
I had an odd day Sunday. Prior to that never had a problem. Sunday my Watch was very low at about 5 or 6 PM. Down to 14%. Never happened before. Only change was that Saturday I bought a 1 meter charging cable and used it Saturday night. I recharged using my older cable to finish the day.

Today was fine again and I used the new cable again last night. Yes, I did remember to take the protective film off the new charger btw.

Though after the fact I did notice that the back of the watch had kind of got a bit dirty. Maybe that was the only problem.

CellXor10

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
Connecticut, USA
Sorry, I think i'm a bit confused here- SO, you got a new iPhone. You paired your new iPhone with your at least relatively new Watch.

Oi. Instead of me echoing back what you typed- I'm just a bit confused as you jumped back and forth between talking about the Watch and the new iPhone. You charged the Watch fully, then by morning the iPhone was trying to go into power reserve? So, I think the issue is that you're seeing a significant drainage of your new iPhone battery, which is presumably due to something going on between it and your Apple Watch. Correct?

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I had an odd day Sunday. Prior to that never had a problem. Sunday my Watch was very low at about 5 or 6 PM. Down to 14%. Never happened before. Only change was that Saturday I bought a 1 meter charging cable and used it Saturday night. I recharged using my older cable to finish the day.

Today was fine again and I used the new cable again last night. Yes, I did remember to take the protective film off the new charger btw.

Though after the fact I did notice that the back of the watch had kind of got a bit dirty. Maybe that was the only problem.
Sorry, I think i'm a bit confused here- SO, you got a new iPhone. You paired your new iPhone with your at least relatively new Watch.

Oi. Instead of me echoing back what you typed- I'm just a bit confused as you jumped back and forth between talking about the Watch and the new iPhone. You charged the Watch fully, then by morning the iPhone was trying to go into power reserve? So, I think the issue is that you're seeing a significant drainage of your new iPhone battery, which is presumably due to something going on between it and your Apple Watch. Correct?

he means watch where he said phone. He's saying the watch is going into reserve mode.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.