Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michial

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 15, 2009
Does anyone know if the 11 will have more battery life than the 11 Pro?

chrismichael83

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2016
Did you not watch the Keynote? iphone 11 has 1 more hour then the XR. 11 Pro has 4 more then XS and 11 Pro Max as 5 hours more then the XS Max.

iPhone XR 16 hours
iPhone 11 17 hours
iPhone 11 Pro 18 hours
iPhone 11 Pro Max 20 hours

So they say. The 11 is prob what I will get as I want the second camera and 17 hours is plenty.

michial

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 15, 2009
Did you not watch the Keynote? iphone 11 has 1 more hour then the XR. 11 Pro has 4 more then XS and 11 Pro Max as 5 hours more then the XS Max.

iPhone XR 16 hours
iPhone 11 17 hours
iPhone 11 Pro 18 hours
iPhone 11 Pro Max 20 hours

So they say. The 11 is prob what I will get as I want the second camera and 17 hours is plenty.
Thanks.

JulianL

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2010
London, UK
Super annoying that they don't provide straight forward numbers instead of comparisons to XR or comparisons to XS
They do give numbers. Look at the “Power and Battery” section of the official Apple “Tech Specs” page for any current model e.g. https://www.apple.com/uk/iphone-11-pro/specs/ for the just announced 11 Pro lineup. You can probably find Apple’s pages for discontinued models cached somewhere as well if you have the time to look.

Admittedly Apple seems to quote fewer nowadays, in the old days they quoted numbers for hours of talk time, internet web browsing over both WiFi and mobile data, and even standby time at one point. I suppose that standby time is so long compared to the other numbers that, unless you literally sit your phone on your desk and do nothing with it, it’s probably irrelevant to most people and the browsing the internet figures always seemed to be pretty much the same as the figures for streaming video so I suspect Apple is trying to keep things simpler. I do miss the talk time figures a bit though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.