Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

satchmo

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 6, 2008
Canada
As we head into iPhone season, I'm looking to size up from my iPhone 12 mini.
While I still love the size, the short battery life presented challenges during a recent vacation.

So I'm looking at a larger iPhone with a significantly larger battery. And while the 15 sounds like a beast in terms of battery size, I'm not prepared to spend that the higher price.

So it's the 14 or 13 (non-pro models). They are so similar.
Given that it only has a slightly larger battery, and the same A15 processor as the 13, does it even make sense to buy a more expensive 14?

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
14 gives you:
  • Satellite SOS
  • Crash Detection
  • Action Mode shooting video
  • Additional ~1hr battery

There are some benefits. Whether they’re worth $100, is up to you to decide.

Reactions: satchmo

tsupersonic

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2022
NY
I can't speak for the iPhone 14, but I get brilliant battery life out of my iPhone 13.
My (used) 13 has been fantastic on battery life. I’m getting 9-11 hours of screen on. Mine is at 100% battery health.

According to this YouTube video, iPhone 13 and 14 are the same. The iPhone 13 outlasted the 14 by a whopping two minutes. I would say it comes down to cost and if you need the features of the 14. If the cost difference is little (<$50), I’d go with the 14. I chose the 13 over the 14 personally because the features didn’t matter and the cost difference was a lot

Reactions: satchmo
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.