Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How is your battery life on betas compare to publicly released software?

• Battery life is better

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Battery life is a little worse

• Battery drain is a common occurrence

• Total voters

Dougteeshot

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 13, 2017
Hello,

I am wondering about how beta software affects battery life on Apple devices, especially iOS. For those who are running betas, do you find that your battery life is very similar to running a public build of iOS? I’m curious to hear what the public has to say about this topic.

ajayjp

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2016
Hello,

I am wondering about how beta software affects battery life on Apple devices, especially iOS. For those who are running betas, do you find that your battery life is very similar to running a public build of iOS? I’m curious to hear what the public has to say about this topic.
This varies from build to build. I don’t think cannot say that all betas will have poor battery life. But then Beta’s will have far more bugs than Public release. Now a days there is never a public release that will have no issues.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Hello,

It can be different from person/device to person/device and from beta to beta as it is for public release to public release. No real general conclusions, especially applicable to individual cases, can really be drawn.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.