Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

heycal

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 25, 2013
Recently I've noticed my phone's battery draining faster than usual. (It's at 85% capacity, if that matters.) When I checked my usage at some point yesterday, I saw things that didn't make sense to me. There was no way I spoke on the phone for an hour, messaged for an hour, or spent 19 minutes on messenger.

My actual usage was far less than those times listed. But that's what it says, and my battery was drained a lot.

So what's going on?

Attachments

• screenshotbattery.jpeg
    screenshotbattery.jpeg
    142.7 KB · Views: 83

Iwavvns

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2023
Recently I've noticed my phone's battery draining faster than usual. (It's at 85% capacity, if that matters.)
Yes, that matters. When your battery was brand new it had 100% of its volume available for use. 85% capacity means that your battery now only has 85% of its total volume available for use rather than the 100% of its total volume when it was new. So, a full battery charge now is not going to last as long as it did when your battery was at 100% capacity.

I have no explanation for the screenshot.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
85% capacity means you've used 75% of the recommended cycles. Battery replacement is recommended at 80%.

heycal

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 25, 2013
Thanks for the input. Anyone with any theories to explain the screen shot?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.