Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MadCar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2014
The internet
So 1 or twice a year my watch isnt' charging, it's 12 months old.

But since the latest release it can be a couple of times a week I wake up and the watch hasn't changed, I should check when I put it on but when it happens I check for a few days and then the same happens again. Anyone else having the same issue.

Haven't re-paried or anything yet but this seems a different sort of issue. Just wondered if anyone else was having similar.

MadCar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2014
The internet
The issue is the watch isn't charging at all. So I put the watch on charge at 35% and wake up and its at 10% its not an optimisation issue I don't think more a I've decided not to charge at all.

I re-start seems to kick it into accepting the charger again but I'm only noticing this in the morning so can pick up a dead watch if I don't spot it when it goes onto the charge. I've tried two different chargers and they both are the same so it's not the chargers either.

Only happened after 10.3.1 it's been fine before then. Suspect it's a bug of some sort but wondered if anyone else has had the same issue.

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
The issue is the watch isn't charging at all. So I put the watch on charge at 35% and wake up and its at 10% its not an optimisation issue I don't think more a I've decided not to charge at all.

I re-start seems to kick it into accepting the charger again but I'm only noticing this in the morning so can pick up a dead watch if I don't spot it when it goes onto the charge. I've tried two different chargers and they both are the same so it's not the chargers either.

Only happened after 10.3.1 it's been fine before then. Suspect it's a bug of some sort but wondered if anyone else has had the same issue.
not happening to me.
when you put the puck on the watch, does it show the charging symbol? takes less than 1 second to show it's charging. Have you tried another puck or adapter?

MadCar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2014
The internet
Tried different pucks and chargers.

The there night I put it on change, ping to confirm its charging.
Looked back at it 30 mins later and it wasn't charging in fact it had fallen 5%
So I've pressed and held both side buttons of a reset and it charged fine.
Charged ok the following day so will have to keep an eye on it.

The annoying thing is the confirmation ping that its not the charger and charging only its not so in the morning its 15% and hasn't charged. Hopefully the reset has done the trick will see over the next few nights.

MadCar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2014
The internet
Yeah odd isn't it, watch had a fit it seems, a two press reset has sorted it, only for the weather complication to break.

That was sorted with a phone restart not a watch and both seem to be fine and working now. Definitely some sort of software bug though haven't changed anything.

JustAnExpat

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2019
Here's what I recommend checking:

1. Is the bottom of the watch clean? Wipe it down with a cloth.
2. Is the puck clean? Wipe it down with a cloth.
3. Is the adopter working correctly? Try switching it out with another adopter.
4. Is the charging puck failing? Try using another one.

MadCar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2014
The internet
Tried all that and made no difference, a two button reset of the watch seemed to sort it out for me in the end.

Then a restart of the phone as some complications didn't work for a day and again the phone restart sorted that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.