Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

antomorefulc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2016
barcelone, spain
I bought an iPhone 6 in Barcelona, Spain, four months after its launch, January 2015.
Now, four years later and after 363 charging cycles, the battery has a health of 30%.
I proceeded to change it and see the.... original? it's not apple but ifixit. I have seen that there have been frauds in China in which they bought an iPhone and then returned it, but with components replaced by fakes. Is mine a fraud case?
Customer service apple in Spain. !!!!

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
Clearly you didn’t buy the phone as new from Apple. Now, four years later, it’s too late to take it back to the seller. You had a good working phone for four years. Forget about it and move on.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I bought an iPhone 6 in Barcelona, Spain, four months after its launch, January 2015.
Now, four years later and after 363 charging cycles, the battery has a health of 30%.
I proceeded to change it and see the.... original? it's not apple but ifixit. I have seen that there have been frauds in China in which they bought an iPhone and then returned it, but with components replaced by fakes. Is mine a fraud case?
Customer service apple in Spain. !!!!
30% for battery health/capacity? I was under the impression that there's rather bad degradation when the battery is at about 80%. I can't even imagine it getting that much below that, let alone 30%, and still functioning even on some level. And only after 363 cycles too. Something seems off there.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Get another ifixit battery and replace it yourself. Plenty of videos on he procedure and move on. Apple has nothing to do with your issue and will only sell you a new phone.

Reactions: chabig

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
Based on your numbers, on average you charge your phone once every 4 days?

Someone replaced your battery after the phone was purchased. Probably the last guy who serviced your iPhone.

AxlTJ

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2018
Regardless if it was opened or your battery was replaced, it was four years ago. There is nothing you can do anymore.
Just replace the battery.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.