Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

barcode00

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 25, 2010
A few days ago, I upgraded my iPhone 6s Plus to iOS 13 and have noticed the battery dropping fairly considerably.

Today, however, was the first time of proper everyday usage (on-the-go).

I began my day from fully charged at 6am and it was showing 40% by 11am after moderate use (music playing with screen turned off).

I used it briefly approaching midday but, as I didn't have access to a charger, I was concious not to use it too much.

At midday it seemed to drop to 1% and stayed there for a couple of hours, working, albiet slowly. It eventually shut off completely at about 3pm.

The iPhone Battery app shows a total of 41 minutes screen time for the whole day.

The Battery Health shows as 87% and there is a message: "This iPhone has experienced an unexpected shutdown because the battery was unable to delivery the necessary peak power. You have manually disabled performance management protections".

(I vaguely remember disabling protection this by mistake when prompted a long time ago. I can't see how to enabled it again.)

Thank you for reading.

barcode00

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 25, 2010
I have updated to iOS 13.1.1 - perhaps this will solve the issue as the release notes mention fixes for battery drain.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.