Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tru3B1u3

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2023
What setting optimization are 12 Mini and 13 Mini owners using?

I’m curious about what other Mini users are doing to extend the battery on a single charge.

Especially for those who are on 90% Battery Health or lower.

I mainly use the two links below, but I have others…

DaveS86

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2022
I have a 15PM but limit the refresh rate, have a automation to switch to low power mode at 75% and have heavily customised the background refresh apps. My battery life is excellent.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
I have a 15PM but limit the refresh rate, have a automation to switch to low power mode at 75% and have heavily customised the background refresh apps. My battery life is excellent.

Why???? You do you of course, but I just don’t get it. You’ve got one of the best phones on the market with already decent battery but use it like a 20 year old Nokia. What a waste.

Reactions: BugeyeSTI

Tru3B1u3

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2023

If Apple decides not to continue the Mini series in 8 years, I’ll be forced to upgrade to a larger device.

I’ll likely get the smallest and oldest Pro model available… What sort of SOT do you get? Do you use widgets or AOD?

I won’t be using those features so I’m curious to see what others get when they’re disabled.

Last edited:

DaveS86

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2022
So I’ve always gone for max battery life on my phones. No widgets, no AOD, I usually get 9 or 10 hours of fairly intense use. Lots of YouTube, Netflix, Amazon Prime etc

Reactions: Tru3B1u3
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.