Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacDaddyPanda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2018
Murica
So I wanted a phone with a larger screen. I had Iphone 13 Pro. I bought 13 Pro Max. My question is. After transferring the settings and what not. Does the new phone relearn or reoptimize the battery since it's now a bigger battery? Or since it's constantly monitoring my daily usage it's optimizing constantly?

Reactions: compwiz1202

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
How does a battery get optimized? Or what do you mean by this? If the phone needs power, it needs power.

The only “optimizing” being done is during charging. If you have a regular charging routine (i.e. plugging in at night and unplugging around the same time every morning), it’ll stop charging when it hits 80%, and then finish to 100% shortly before you need it. Not sure if the charging routine it has learned carries over or not, but a new/bigger battery would have no effect on this either way. It’s constantly monitoring your charging routine.

MacDaddyPanda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2018
Murica
Well I just came off a S22 Ultra. I didn't like it so I switched back , but to a bigger phone. I was using 13 Pro, then bought S22 Ultra, didn't like it and traded my 13 Pro for 13 Pro Max. That's the quick back story. With that Android it has a Battery optimization feature based on your usage throughout the day. (Side note that didn't really help as it has atrocious battery life vs Iphone, one of the main reasons for switching back.)
Is there an equivalent to this on IOS?

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
So I wanted a phone with a larger screen. I had Iphone 13 Pro. I bought 13 Pro Max. My question is. After transferring the settings and what not. Does the new phone relearn or reoptimize the battery since it's now a bigger battery? Or since it's constantly monitoring my daily usage it's optimizing constantly?
The actual feature is where it stops charging at 80% then slow charges shortly before it determines you normally wake up. Now the general term would just be whenever you get a new device or OS, it optimizes the battery use. I'm actually not even sure of all the internal processes that occur for that.

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2022
I still wish I could set my iPhone to charge to no higher than 80%. I only use 20-30% of my battery on an average day and do not need my battery charged to 100% every night.

Reactions: compwiz1202
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.