Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mich070

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 22, 2013
Hey guys!

So the battery of my Iphone 5 is behaving quite good!
I just have a problem, which is annoying me since a few days. My phone was lying for one hour on the table after being charged until 100%, and i didn t do anything with it. One hour later i checked my phone: 95% of battery 54 min of usage (phantom usage) and standbye: 2h43min.
I already did a refresh install on my phone because of this and setting it as a new phone! Can sby help me pls?

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
After you charged the phone, did you go into battery usage and check that everything was basically at 0? There might be something to potentially explain about an hour worth of usage (even some stuck process or something like that), but there's pretty much no way to explain almost 3 hours of standby if you are saying your phone was lying unused for 1 hour after being fully charged before you checked (the most that the standby number could be at that point is that 1 hour basically).

mich070

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 22, 2013
----------

[/COLOR]
After you charged the phone, did you go into battery usage and check that everything was basically at 0? There might be something to potentially explain about an hour worth of usage (even some stuck process or something like that), but there's pretty much no way to explain almost 3 hours of standby if you are saying your phone was lying unused for 1 hour after being fully charged before you checked (the most that the standby number could be at that point is that 1 hour basically).

Actually i am quiet stupid. The standbye time if more than fine, because i plugged out my phone 2h43min ago! Sorry for my bad explanation and english, but the standybe time is allright!
Just my usage time is not normal, i really don't get it from where i have this usage. Because after i plugged out my phone, the only thing i checked was the percentage of my phone and that was all. The only apps which are open on my phone are: settings, messages and my call app.
Just to remember i am at ios7.1.2 .
And right now i had the same thing. I was at 68% usage time: 3h3 min. After 1 hour i checked my phone without using it: 65% 3h32 min. Where does this get from...it is really annoying:/

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Sounds like you have something running. There's often some things that happen in the background, like email accounts and calendar accounts and the like staying in sync, which will use some battery even when the phone is not being used and the screen is off. Push notifications for various apps and so forth will do the same.

Do you have background refresh enabled for any applications? Do you see the location services being in use by some applications or system services that you aren't expecting? Have you tried just restarting the phone to see if that might resolve this usage you are seeing?

mich070

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 22, 2013
Unfortunately, my background refresh option is off, so ass all this push notifications and etc in order to save battery!
Yes i also did a restart everything.. I really don t get it why, there is always more usage then it should be! If I check the percentage of my battery compared to the statistics of my usage it looks more than perfect! But ot course it can't be like this.. I really don t get it what is running in the background then! A reinstallation will defenitely not solve the problem, i already did this before!
Thank you very much man for ur help and that u are taking ur time to read this true!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.