Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

justinnum1

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 1, 2007
Is their a way to see exactly what percentage of battery is left. (like on a laptop)?

vansouza

macrumors 68000
Mar 28, 2006
West Plains, MO USA Earth
Charge cycles

People, who want me not to get the iPhone tell me it has only 400 charge cycles before it needs to be replaced... I tried to find info reading a downloaded iPhone manual... found nothing. Does anyone know? Thanks...

UnixMac

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
People, who want me not to get the iPhone tell me it has only 400 charge cycles before it needs to be replaced... I tried to find info reading a downloaded iPhone manual... found nothing. Does anyone know? Thanks...

I read in the online .pdf manual (122 pages) that there is a "limit" to the number of charges and that it has to be returned for a new battery at some point.

XSF

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2007
I looked in the manual, but how long does it need to charge for a full charge? I'm guessing 4 hours?

UnixMac

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
I looked in the manual, but how long does it need to charge for a full charge? I'm guessing 4 hours?

The manual is a bit vague on battery and battery life.. For example, nowhere is there mention of how and when to charge the battery.. for example, let it drain first, or not, or maybe occasionally letting it drain down as with many of the new Li batteries.

I don't know what it is about batteries, and Apple, but they REALLY seem to hate talking about them, or letting you mess with them!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.