Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigBen2493

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2016
Is it worth getting a battery replacement for my iPhone SE? it’s battery health is at 88% and have had the phone for 2.5 years

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
I’d get it replaced before apple ends the program and increases the price after December 2018. I’d did that to my 8plus and my dad 7 plus. The former had 92% and the latter had 88% battery health.

TSE

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
Replace it! Never, ever consider upgrading from your iPhone SE! We will remain a thorn into Apple's side for as long as we live! We as SE owners shall feel strength among us as the owners for the superior devices!

Reactions: bryanc28

BigBen2493

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2016
Replace it! Never, ever consider upgrading from your iPhone SE! We will remain a thorn into Apple's side for as long as we live! We as SE owners shall feel strength among us as the owners for the superior devices!
I’ve been considering leaving the SE, love this small size but not sure if they will do a small phone again, convince me other wise

TSE

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
I’ve been considering leaving the SE, love this small size but not sure if they will do a small phone again, convince me other wise

Precisely the reason to keep it! You will never have a phone this compact again! I will keep my gold iPhone SE in working order until the day I die! I will never betray our fellow SE comrades! Never!

Reactions: TrickyTreeRed

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
No, performance throttling doesn’t start until around 83%, so your phone is still at peak performance.
Power management features can kick in for variety of reasons and aren't necessarily tied to any particular battery capacity percentage.

douglasf13

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2010
I must admit, the latest software update, while being very speedy, is killing my SE battery life. My battery health is at 93%, but it's noticeably worse in performance. It's very frustrating, since I'm planning on running an SE for quite a bit longer. Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

BigBen2493

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2016
I must admit, the latest software update, while being very speedy, is killing my SE battery life. My battery health is at 93%, but it's noticeably worse in performance. It's very frustrating, since I'm planning on running an SE for quite a bit longer. Is anyone else seeing this behavior?
Yes it’s been bad for me as well I’m at 88% battery life, I have to charge it multiple times throughout the day to make it through

Reactions: douglasf13

douglasf13

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2010
Yes it’s been bad for me as well I’m at 88% battery life, I have to charge it multiple times throughout the day to make it through

Ugh. I just returned an XR, because of the size, and now my SE us screwing me with the new software. I’m losing more than 10% per hour with low screen brightness with just some web browsing, emails, etc., but my battery health is still 93%.

BigBen2493

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2016
Ugh. I just returned an XR, because of the size, and now my SE us screwing me with the new software. I’m losing more than 10% per hour with low screen brightness with just some web browsing, emails, etc., but my battery health is still 93%.
Yeah I went from 100% to 73% in about 2 hours at 88% battery health It's been brutal!

Reactions: douglasf13

douglasf13

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2010
Yeah I went from 100% to 73% in about 2 hours at 88% battery health It's been brutal!

I'm afraid to speak too soon, but I think I found the culprit. I just turned off the new "ScreenTime" feature about a half hour ago, and my battery level hasn't moved, so I'm hopeful things are back to normal. I recommend giving it a try.

BigBen2493

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2016
I'm afraid to speak too soon, but I think I found the culprit. I just turned off the new "ScreenTime" feature about a half hour ago, and my battery level hasn't moved, so I'm hopeful things are back to normal. I recommend giving it a try.
I've never used screentime so thats not it for me

douglasf13

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2010
I just wanted to confirm that I believe ScreenTime was the culprit for me. I went from losing 10+% battery per hour with light usage to now loosing around 3% per hour over the past six hours that I’ve had ScreenTime turned off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.